As a Senior Security Engineer (SecEng), you’ll help to build and manage services that detect and automate the mitigation of cybersecurity threats across Amazon’s infrastructure. You’ll work with data scientists, software development engineers, and other security engineers across multiple teams to develop innovative security solutions at massive scale. Our services protect the AWS cloud for all customers and preserves our customers’ trust in us. You’ll get to use the full power and breadth of AWS technologies to build services that proactively protect every single AWS customer, both internally and externally, from security threats – not many teams can say that!
- We are passionate about the capabilities we build, and we are responsible for our on-call rotation to ensure our services bring value to our customers.
- We understand that life is challenging and we have a flexible work environment that enables individuals to adjust their work schedule to accommodate personal needs.
- Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- Amazon is an equal opportunities employer.
- We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
- We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
- Experience leading and coaching junior security engineers to improve their skills and effectiveness
- 6+ years of experience performing security investigations, penetration testing, and/or incident response in the context of large organizations
- Ability to develop code with at least one modern language such as Java, Go, TypeScript, Python
- In-depth understanding of security threats, hands-on experience detecting and defending from cyber attacks, and experience using big data analytics and orchestration to address security challenges
- Demonstrated technical leadership in security (e.g., tech lead, developed security architecture for a product or system, led technical component of security project, etc.)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A