Website American Airlines
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
- Identifying items; lifting, carrying, binning, and pulling items from stock; loading, unloading, packing and unpacking items; and related physical work.
- Checks items handled against requisitioning or accompanying forms to identify any apparent mishandling, discrepancy or other error; corrects routine errors and refers others to Crew Chief; refers to parts catalogues, parts lists, location index, Company manuals, to identify and locate items.
- Stores a wide variety of tools, jigs, fixtures, equipment and materials and issues them upon request to authorized personnel; upon receipt of replacement items or return of issued items, checks against appropriate requisition form for discrepancies by such operations as counting items, examining items visually and manually for defects or wear.
- The work of the Material Logistics Specialist classification, depending upon assignment, includes any or all of the following but not limited to, requisitioning, receiving, storing, stock chasing, disbursing, transferring, counts, kitting, checking, inspecting, exchanging, returning to factory, issuing, shipping, delivering, rearranging stock, non-inventory supplies/stock, equipment, supplies, inventorying, warehousing of supplies, including tools and materials utilized within the Tech Ops department.
- The pickup and delivery of parts and materials to designated locations, the driving of motor vehicles and the operation of Stores equipment. Delivery, transfer, preparing for shipment and receipt of AOG and OTS parts shall be performed by Material Logistics Specialists. Receiving and preparing for shipment of parts and materials, including handling, processing, and shipping Hazardous Materials.
- Setting up of necessary facilities to carry out these duties, and associated miscellaneous activities are accomplished by such operations as: Counting physical inventory, checking minimums and maximums; originating and completing, checking and routing forms according to procedure.
- Maintains inventory within established specifications and in serviceable condition by following the appropriate procedure to exchange a broken tool, to request repairs, or to requisition additional supplies; reports overdue items and shortages to his Crew Chief.
- Corrects routine errors in forms and refers others to the Crew Chief or supervisor; bins items in serviceable condition, sorts non-serviceable items into salvage or scrap bins according to their condition; makes minor repairs.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language or language native to geographical location.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to work extra hours when there are operational needs, such as weather delays.
- Use simple arithmetic (Addition and subtraction of six-digit numbers)
- Reports to work on a regular and timely basis.
- Must have knowledge of and the ability to use basic computer skills.
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays, and days off.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in any weather conditions in accordance with Company Safety Guidelines.
- Expected to meet all qualifications as designated in the Material Process Specification Manual (MPSM) and satisfactorily demonstrate qualifications by successfully completing the applicable test(s) prior to the expiration of the probationary period.
- Ability to distinguish colors.
Company: American Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tulsa, OK, US
Application Deadline: N/A