Website BNSF Railway
The Management Trainee (MT) Program is specifically designed to develop leaders that will drive the future of our organization. This program begins with a one week orientation at our corporate headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. During this time, MTs receive a company overview, interact with company leaders, and develop skills for a successful career. Additional training will vary by department. With hard work, the desire to learn, and the ability to develop relationships, career opportunities are endless.
The Operations Management Trainee position is a leadership role at BNSF Railway. These individuals lead a diverse workgroup to safely and efficiently accomplish work assignments and goals that are in line with the company’s vision.
- Provide FLS vacation relief and weekend coverage
- This is not an exhaustive list of the position’s duties
- The remaining time will be spent completing on-the-job field training conducted at assigned training location which will include instructor led and web-based training courses as well as numerous job shadows across multiple departments
- Accurately process and code all invoices within 15 days of receipt and produce accurate reports of cost, vehicle, safety and flag exceptions for the FLS within timeframe required by each report
- Provide various administrative support functions to the Engineering First Line Supervisor (FLS) including, but not limited to: management of scheduled manpower activity, capital plan coordination and oversight, material management, claims management, re-collectible activity management, safety management, equipment and vehicle fleet management
- The management trainee program is an intensive training program that lasts approximately 6 months
- MTs will attend an initial 2-week orientation conducted at our company headquarters in Fort Worth, TX where trainees will learn about the BNSF culture, network with leaders of the company and receive leadership training
- Responsible for supporting 3 functional areas: Track, Signal, and Structures
- From Fort Worth, trainees will attend a 2-week technical and personnel training conducted at our Technical Training Center (TTC) in Overland Park, KS where trainees will learn about operations and field safety
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Experience working outdoors or in an industrial environment.
- Proven leadership experience and excellent oral and written communication.
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner
- Experience working in an engineering or construction related environment.
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks regardless of obstacles
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Albuquerque, NM, US
Application Deadline: N/A