Website City of Rancho Cucamonga
The City of Rancho Cucamonga is not your average public agency employer. We have evolved from the antiquated civil service government employment of the past. Our driving staff force, known as Team RC, embodies a culture of innovation and collaboration. We believe that our employees are the best representation of our values and we strive to be on the cutting edge of diversity, inclusion, and technology.
- You are a great at multitasking and wearing different hats.
- You function best in a fast paced and “organized chaos” office and animal shelter environment.
- You have the ability to work with people with different personalities and emotional states.
- You are compassionate and empathetic for people and their pets.
- You are a problem solver and enjoy working with community members, volunteers, and donors.
- You are creative and innovative, like to teach and mentor, and value safety.
- Preparing staff reports, City and State Health Department reports, and tracking performance measures.
- Participating in the development of policy and procedures and municipal code updates.
- Assisting with budget preparation and management, budget projections, and procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Responding to inquiries from the public at the front counter, on the phone, and via email regarding a variety of animal related concerns.
- Assisting with the development of marketing materials and content for social media, newsletters, and public brochures.
- Assisting with the onboarding of new volunteers and tracking volunteer training and service hours; act as a staff liaison for the Animal Care Foundation.
- Working knowledge of methods and techniques of research, statistical analysis and report preparation; methods and procedures of budget preparation; organization and functions of the assigned municipal department; general office procedures. Ability to perform specialized, technical and routine administrative tasks; key data and operate a computer terminal in performance of assigned tasks; conduct research, perform analysis and prepare reports of findings; interpret and apply related laws, ordinances and regulations; work independently; understand and follow verbal and written directions; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Qualification & Experience:
- Any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for satisfactory job performance. Example combinations include five years of increasingly responsible clerical, technical and routine administrative experience related to the responsibilities of the assigned position, including or supplemented by college-level training in public administration, accounting, data processing or a related field.
Company: City of Rancho Cucamonga
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A