Website City of San Antonio
Under general direction, is responsible for coordinating and conducting contract initiation, monitoring or compliance activities, in accordance with the City’s contracting policies and procedures. Working conditions are primarily in an office environment. May exercise supervision over assigned staff.
- Performs special reviews, projects, and programs, and may prepare Requests for Proposals (RFP’s).
- Provides technical assistance and direction regarding contract compliance.
- Provides staff support as required for special projects.
- Provides direction to staff regarding improvements to contracting procedures.
- Supervises staff and gives direction regarding contract compliance issues and related matters.
- Oversees all negotiations, terminations, and renegotiations of contracts.
- Approves or rejects requests for deviations from contract specifications and delivery schedules.
- Develops contract compliance work plans and objectives.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws, ordinances, policies, procedures and regulations pertaining to contracts.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard and other basic office equipment.
- Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software programs.
- Ability to understand contract management data, documents, and reports.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial and cost accounting data.
- Ability to work independently and perform contract services projects from inception to completion.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, City Management and their staff, vendors and contract service providers, and the general public.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Three (3) years increasingly responsible experience in contract management, preparation or compliance.
Company: City of San Antonio
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A