As Special Projects Officer at CPA Canada, you will report directly to the President ad CEO and be highly involved with advancing confidential and strategic projects and daily activities within the Executive Office. You will be responsible for identifying issues, advising on strategy and communication options. You will proactively recommend solutions, implement project plans, and respond to the Management Committee and Oversight Council’s objectives and priorities.
- Undertake detailed research and analysis on a wide variety of issues and topics related to Government, Institutional Bodies, and Community relations.
- Actively participate in negotiating, and administering contracts including grants and inter-agency agreements.
- Develop, plan and direct special projects and project proposals and assure that findings are applied, implemented, and documented.
- Provide high-level support to advance a variety of strategic initiatives in the executive office by providing logistical support in research, communication, project management, and implementation to ensure the work of the Executive Office advances efficiently and effectively.
- Provide management and technical support to the Executive Office.
- Guide draft policies and proposals and direct and supervises the collection, maintenance, reporting and publication of data regarding research and project activities.
- Demonstrated experience with media (including traditional, new, and social media), protocol, diplomacy.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills; excellent presentation and interpersonal skills; polished writing and excellent communication skills; superior organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience leading complex and multi-stakeholder projects.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work under pressure with shifting priorities, high degree of political acuity and judgment.
- Experience conducting research, producing detailed and comprehensive reports from a large volume of complex information, and presenting on the research findings.
- 4-6 years of project management experience, including leading, organizing, and tracking the outcomes of complex and multi-stakeholder projects.
- Bilingualism considered an asset.
- University degree required, post-graduate degree (Master’s) preferred, or equivalent in education and experience.
- Demonstrated acumen for engaging senior leaders in a manner which facilitates cooperation and consensus building.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Whistler, CA
Application Deadline: N/A