Intermodal Service Employees (ISE) are responsible for safely performing activities and completing processes that place customer freight for movement on a train from the origin to the CSX Intermodal Terminal destination across our network. The ISEs will also be responsible for ensuring the availability of our customers’ freight for pick up after arriving at the destination terminal.
- Connecting, moving, and parking of chassis, trailers and containers on terminal property.
- Inspection of equipment for condition and operational readiness
- Ascending and descending vehicle ladder/stairs
- Connecting and disconnecting airlines (gladhands)
- Manually operating crank handle to raise and lower chassis landing gear legs
- Operation of various lift equipment configurations to load and unload trailers and containers to/from railcars, stacks, ground or chassis.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charleston, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A