The Electrical Engineer, as part of the Engineering Services department at a major integrated petrochemical manufacturing facility, is responsible for specification, design, and maintenance of the electrical system for all plant operations, including field installations and associated distribution equipment. This individual is responsible for developing maintenance and reliability strategies related to electrical equipment and for providing guidance to internal customers to maintain the reliability of the distribution system. This individual will provide supplemental support for local capital projects. This position is located in Beaumont, TX.
- Provides electrical technical support for the maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of the plant’s electrical systems and equipment.
- Researches existing electrical designs for safety and reliability vulnerabilities. Develops improvement recommendations and stewards progress.
- Serves as a technical resource to operations and maintenance organizations.
- Reviews and interprets results of electrical testing. Stewards improvements of electrical installations that are not meeting performance expectations.
- Applies design, equipment, and installation standards for electrical equipment in refining and chemicals plant applications.
- Stewards progressive electrical technologies for plant applications with sound engineering judgment.
- Provides review and direction in the development of maintenance and operating procedures for electrical equipment.
- Investigates electrical failures and provides recommendations to improve system and equipment reliability.
- Interfaces with diverse groups including vendors, instrument technicians, electricians, process operations and console technicians, process designers, rotating equipment, reliability and process computer control engineers.
- Provides leadership and project support for electrical systems as part of process plant investments and/or electrical system modifications. Serves as a resource to other disciplines in all phases of the capital project effort (e.g., provide consulting, power study reviews, equipment strategy development, maintenance reviews, participation in HAZOPs, etc.).
- Develops electrical equipment specifications and associated reliability improvements and capital investment upgrade plans for that equipment.
- Has working knowledge of industry standards and regulations (e.g. IEEE, NFPA, NEC, ASME, API, NEMA, NETA, NESC).
- Demonstrated engineering experience in Refining, Petrochemical, or EPC industries.
- Effective leadership of electrical projects and support; including the ability to lead a team and mentor less experienced engineers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personnel at different levels of engineering, design, maintenance, and management and with internal customers as well as suppliers.
- Ability to work closely with Refinery/Chemical plant organizations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- A minimum 10 years of related industry experience preferred
Qualification & Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in the application and use of complex electronic relaying systems.
- Experience as a site or major project electrical lead.
- Broad experience with Process Plant electrical equipment in a plant and/or project environment.
- Experience with SKM software and relay coordination applications.
- Experience providing electrical support during plant upsets, startups, and turnarounds.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Beaumont, Texas, US
Application Deadline: N/A