As an Assurance Manager, you will be a professional member of our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team. In Canada, our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team consists of dedicated financial reporting and accounting advisory professionals in five locations across the country. We combine technical accounting skills in IFRS, Canadian and US GAAP, practical experience in financial reporting process as well as deep sector and regulatory knowledge.
- Stay informed of new economic developments and their impact on clients.
- Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team.
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- Attend training programs to continually develop skills.
- Maintain cooperative relationships and foster mutual support with other EY service line teams.
- Prepare proposals and realize business development plans through a strong professional network.
- Prepare deliverables tailored to client needs.
- Supervise engagement teams including delegation and review work performed.
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback and coaching. Lead by example.
- Establish and maintain relationship with client management.
- Understand the client’s industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments.
- Demonstrate mastery of key concepts and principles related to process improvements, project management and change management; show an ability to apply these consistently in engagement settings
- Impeccable client relationship skills
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership
- A degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major and a minimum of 5-7 years’ relevant experience along with Canadian CPA designation
- Audit or business experience in financial statement close or the application of accounting standards
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A