A successful Red Team intern at FireEye should possess an understanding of both information security and computer science. They should understand basic concepts such as networking, applications, and operating system functionality and be able to learn advanced concepts such as application manipulation, exploit development, and stealthy operations. This is not a “press the ‘pwn’ button” type of job; this career is technical and challenging with opportunities to work in some of the most exciting areas of security consulting on extremely technical and challenging work. A typical job could be breaking into a segmented secure zone at a Fortune 500 bank, reverse engineering an application and encryption method in order to gain access to sensitive data, all without being detected. If you can exploit at scale while remaining stealthy, identify and exploit misconfigurations in network infrastructure, parse various types of output data, present relevant data in a digestible manner, think well outside the box, or are astute enough to quickly learn these skills, then you’re the type of intern we’re looking for.
At FireEye, you’ll be faced with complex problem solving opportunities and hands-on testing opportunities on a daily basis. We help our clients protect their most sensitive and valuable data through comprehensive and real world scenario testing. The objective doesn’t end at gaining “domain admin” or “root”; this is expected and is only a starting point.
You are expected to quickly assimilate new information as you will face new client environments on a weekly or monthly basis. You will be expected to understand all the threat vectors to each environment and properly assess them. You will get to work with some of the best red teamers in the industry, causing you to develop new skills as you progress through your career. Are you up to the challenge?
- Perform network penetration, web and mobile application testing, source code reviews, threat analysis, wireless network assessments and social engineering assessment
- Build internal scripts, tools and methodologies to enhance our capabilities
- Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences
- Currently pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering or information technology
- Technical skills in at least two of the following areas:
- Network penetration testing and manipulation of network infrastructure
- Mobile and/or web application assessments
- Email, phone, or physical social-engineering assessments
- Shell scripting or automation of simple tasks using Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Strong technical acumen and ability to quickly assimilate new information
- Ability to successfully interface with clients (internal and external) and manage expectations of others
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
- Developing, extending, or modifying exploits, shellcode or exploit tools
- Developing applications in C#, ASP, .NET, ObjectiveC, Go, or Java (J2EE)
- Reverse engineering malware, data obfuscators, or ciphers
- Source code review for control flow and security flaws
- A technical security-related internship, security related projects or other similar experience
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A