Website Food Lion
Perform site location research to identify and determine appropriate growth opportunities for Delhaize America stores. Design, conduct and analyze a wide range of primary market research projects including acquisition studies and detailed location strategy studies in new and existing markets. Apply seasoned knowledge of supermarket industry, trends, & competitors combined with in depth market analysis to recommend best course of action.
- Coordinate market strategy assessment process through multiple departments culminating with the real estate committee meeting(s).
- Perform Acquisition studies – identify and evaluate potential supermarket and pharmacy acquisition candidates. Based on market analysis, recommend appropriate actions needed for stores once acquired.
- Enlist support for recommended strategies among senior executives and several other associates in corporate development and other areas in the company.
- Serve as sales expert within district or districts for budgeting and three year plan sales projections
- Perform Site location/market analysis – thoroughly evaluate market dynamics including competitive demographic and economic factors. Quantify the potential of one or several sites and select the best strategy for entering or expanding the market. Prepare a concise, written analysis recommending appropriate corporate strategy for senior executives.
- Develop and incorporate new research tools including GIS to further automate forecasting process.
- Serve as a market resource and consultant to senior executives.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Microsoft Software Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word
- High comfort level collaborating and interacting with persons outside of the organization to gain market intelligence.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ Years of analysis-based work experience
- Experience/knowledge of supermarket business and operations
- Experience/knowledge of retail commercial real estate functions and terminology
- Experience with GIS (Geographic Information Systems)- i.e. ESRI, MapInfo
- Experience with flat file and relational databases (SQL)
- Experience with ETL (Extract/Transform/Load) data platforms- i.e. Alteryx
- Analytical skills: Supermarket dynamics, competitive, demographic and economic factors
- Experience in giving data-centric presentations
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably Business or Geography)
Company: Food Lion
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A