Website British Council
British Council Egypt is recruiting Information Technology Officer to provide the IT support to BC staff in Egypt offices, and to ensure that the IT services meet business operations needs, corporate standards and service level agreements. Take a quick view about The British Council. It is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust. We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
- Prepare the sale list, and ensure that sold items are removed from the inventory list.
- Supervise stores in/out processes, and updates on user custody sheets.
- make sure that the inventory sheets are consistent with stores logs, and user custody sheets
- Maintain and update lists of software licenses.
- Provide regular reports on inventory, consumables, “need repair” list, and spares.
IT services and support:
- Coordinate with service providers of Internet, telephone system, and support contracts.
- Supervise regular checks on IT services (e.g. LAN/WAN connectivity, Internet, IP telephony, video/teleconference, Queuing system, reception screens, email, global applications…)
- Work closely with IT assistants to ensure all computers/servers/peripherals are functioning, and the help desk support is properly provided.
- Handle regular communication with all staff for service outage, changes, phonebook update…
Teaching Center support :
- Manage regular check on IT facilities in teacher’s room, and classrooms.
- Supervise the dedicated IT support provided the Teaching Center according to a shift based schedule.
- Make sure that the Council’s IT policies and standards are adhered to.
- Apply British Council policies and standards to tasks related to IT security, disposal of IT equipment, Health&Safty, software licenses, antivirus updates, usage of IT services, data backup/restore, business continuity plan, and people management.
- Ensure that only British Council approved and licensed Software, hardware is located on the IT infrastructure with regular audits to ensure that users (Front office and Back office) retain system conformance.
- Manage a group of IT assistants, and provide guidance for better performance, time management, customer care, and technical support.
- Act as a technical focal point for users and IT assistants.
- Manage IT assistants Rota, leaves, and overtime.
- Follow up on the queues of incidents, and tasks assigned to the IT assistants
For more information on the post, before Applying please check the below Document.
- Network Infrastructure
- English at Proficiency Level B2
- MCSA/MCSE 2008 Certification (or above)
- Microsoft office applications
- Fluent written and spoken Arabic
- Experience in team management
- Windows 7
- Help desk.
- Windows server administration
Company: British Council
Vacancy Type: Full-time Job
Job Location: Cairo, Egypt
Application Deadline: 28 January 2019