Website JetBlue Airways
The University Gateway allows students with an aviation major from one of JetBlue’s partner AABI-accredited universities to work toward a career as a First Officer at JetBlue. Students in the University Gateway follow a defined pathway that leads to a First Officer position at JetBlue upon completion of the Program.
University Gateway creates a pathway for students at partner schools to apply for and, if successful, earn a conditional job offer that will allow them to join JetBlue as a First Officer once they have accrued the required flying time/experience. University Gateway also offers mentorship and guidance from JetBlue Pilots and other members of Flight Operations to the selected candidates while they complete their training and gain flying experience.
- Once the plan has been approved, the crewmember will follow the plan and report to the mentor and Manager Pilot Gateway Programs for the duration of the program
- Once the entire process is complete, the candidate will be given a class date to begin new hire training as a first officer.
- Once the candidate has met all the program requirements and has achieved the necessary qualifications and experience, the candidate will complete pre-employment testing, background check and final Pilot Hiring Committee review.
- Candidate must serve as a certified flight instructor at their school for at least 500 hours of dual given
- The candidate will be assigned a mentor for the duration of the program and will also have continued communication with the Manager Pilot Gateway Programs
- Instrument Rating
- Junior, Senior or Recent Graduate standing
- Ability to hold an FAA First-Class Medical Certificate
- Two letters of recommendation from professors
- Student at a University Gateway partner school
- 3.0 GPA in major
Company: JetBlue Airways
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A