Website JetBlue Airways
The Maintenance Supervisor reports to the Maintenance Manager. The Supervisor Maintenance is responsible for supervising maintenance activities and has authority to assign work functions to Lead Technicians and others assigned to duty under their supervision.
- Keeps a safe and clean work environment with emphasis on preventing Foreign Object Damage (FOD).
- Ensures that the work turnover is completed prior to end of shift.
- Reviews all documentation and M&E system for completeness in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Ensures that all delay information is entered into the M&E system prior to end of shift.
- Ensures that maintenance activities are performed in accordance with work issued by Maintenance Planning and in compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with appropriate departments to accomplish prompt resolutions to problems that affect maintenance activity.
- Assigns Lead/Maintenance Technicians in accordance with requirements contained in work packages or as advised by Maintenance Control.
- Verifies Maintenance Technicians have received necessary training for assignment to job tasks.
- Ensures that all material and appropriate equipment is provided to complete assigned tasks.
- Provides Maintenance Control with information on mechanical status of aircraft with emphasis on changes to estimated aircraft return to service time.
- Able to crawl, bend, kneel, climb, and stoop frequently in confined spaces
- Ability to communicate effectively; in both oral and written communication
- One (1) year experience as a JetBlue Technician or two (2) years aviation management experience
- Valid Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
- Ability to remain alert to moving vehicles and aircraft
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and a driving record from the state of your primary residence that meets JetBlue Airways’ insurance standards
- Four (4) years’ experience servicing commercial aircraft in a heavy or line maintenance environment
Company: JetBlue Airways
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jamaica, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A