Website Johnson & Johnson
The Co-op Program is a six-month program focused on providing college students with practical business experience. It allows them to develop leadership technical and communication skills as well as broaden their understanding of the concepts learned in school and “get a taste of the real world” before they are fully committed to it. The Co-op program participants will be better able to apply concepts learned in the classroom and will be able to ask more poignant questions of their professors to further their goals and education. The Co-op program is the primary feeder for entrance into Johnson & Johnson’s Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP). The Financial Leadership Development Program (FLDP) is a two-year program designed specifically to prepare future generations of business leaders within the Johnson & Johnson accounting and finance organization. Participants gain invaluable on-the-job experiences during two rotations just under twelve months, at various J&J business units; receive leadership and technical training, and thorough, recurring evaluations. There are five weeks of training over the course of the two-year program. Training covers all areas and competencies that are critical to success at J&J and is delivered through a combination FLDP leadership, J&J executives, Finance management, and external consultants.
- Co-op program participant roles include financial accounting and analysis, sales & marketing finance, operations finance, and research and development finance.
- Specific responsibilities may include budget support (administration, finance, information management, operations, sales & marketing finance, etc.), capital budgeting, financial consolidation, month/year end closing procedures, sales reporting and analysis, account reconciliation, and inter-company accounting.
- Other common tasks include analysis of financial questions and problems (i.e. Regression and Trend Analysis), problem solving, active business partnering and developing innovative methods to improve job metrics and processes.
- Legal Authorization to work in the United States, without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future is required.
- A minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA is required.
- Current enrollment in an accredited College/University is required.
- Ability to work full-time during the six-month program is required.
- Finance/Accounting Majors are preferred.
- Intermediate level of knowledge of MS Excel and Word is required.
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Bedford, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A