Website Johnson Controls
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Responsible for maintaining records, collecting data and apply accounting principles associated with the costs of manufacturing and assembling industrial products.
- Working as a member of the accounting department, the Manufacturing Cost Accountant will prepare reports, post ledger entries, conduct internal audits and perform other inter-company financial transactions related to manufacturing costs within the organization.
- Apply principles of cost accounting, collect data and conduct studies that provide detailed cost information regarding production, raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Assist accounts payable/billing clerk(s) when absent, posting order entries and generating billing for shipments as needed.
- Compile exempt employee salary and wage information from plant records and prepare and transfer data for payment of wages.
- Conduct periodic reconciliation to changes in standard costs, general ledger entries, material invoices and payments as they are created during daily operations.
- Account for labor hours and burden performed each week to measure labor efficiency.
- Audit inventory tags, making sure that each area is filled out correctly and the count appears to be accurate.
- Compare standard costs to actual production costs and provide management with periodic reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products.
- Create entries and printouts of monthly templates, journals, general ledgers, trial balance sheets and EOM flash and performance reports.
- Identify and analyze errors in simulation modes, changes in product design, materials, or manufacturing methods to determine effects on costs and to establish correct and accurate product costs.
- Load bill of materials into database, ensuring that materials listed coincide with the particular sprinkler or component being made.
- Maintain UPC coding procedures by sending proper information to corporate office for new products and following up to make sure the appropriate information is sent back to assign the UPC code for the item.
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing and be able to read and comprehend general business periodicals, letters, memos and correspondence.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- BA /BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and 2-3 years experience in a manufacturing environment with exposure to cost accounting.
- Preferred candidate with BS/BA degree in Accounting, Managerial Finance or Business Administration or have equivalent work experience for the same.
- Must have 10-key calculator skills and be able to type a minimum of 45 wpm.
- Preferred candidate should have applied skills/experience in cost accounting within an office environment.
- Must be proficient with the use of computers and multiple software applications including Word, Excel, Access PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have ability to handle new and varied tasks, follow defined procedures and have a strong attention for detail.
Company: Johnson Controls
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Madison, Alabama, US
Application Deadline: N/A