Website Marks and Spencer
The role will involve working on the latest automation technology. You be trained on engineering specific skills through our internal & externally led courses. There is the opportunity to progress through business sponsored NVQ2 & 3 qualifications and to be accredited by the Society of Operations Engineers who support our training programme. This is a phenomenal starting point for someone looking to develop a career in Engineering.
Our inspection technicians act as the first point of contact for faults to try to resolve issues and raise in line with H&S standards and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). We have 17.5km of conveyor on site as well as 39 cranes (some up to 30m high), so there is a lot of kit to keep maintained.
Our Engineering Department at Castle Donington works 24/7 so we have opportunities available working either a four-week rotating shift pattern. Inclusive of days, nights and weekends and a day-based rota which also includes weekends.
- Perform foundation maintenance, cleaning, inspections and feedback in a timely manner. To ensure potential imminent failures are promptly actioned by the engineering team
- Actively monitor areas for potential signs of equipment failure or congestion and raise issues
- Support a culture of Continuous Improvement by identifying machinery issues, with respect to repeat faults, suspect components/mechanisms
- Model and embed a Health & Safety culture, to ensure proactive actions and attitudes at all stages to eliminate the risk of accidents
- Ensure the machinery is working to an acceptable level by performing foundation maintenance cleaning activities as per standard SOP’s
- Support engagement by effective communication, attendance at briefings or when appropriate use of email
- Operate MEWP’s (working at height), climb crane access ladders up to 30m using the appropriate PPE
To succeed in this role, you will be educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) with grades C or above in Maths and English. Alternatively, you will be able to pass a reading and maths comprehension test to this level. Who’s able to take direction both verbally and written in English, as well as following procedures and adhering to strict H&S rules.
With a good head for heights as some of our cranes are 30 metres tall. (You may be required to climb them with the appropriate PPE). Ideally with experience of working in an automated or other engineering focused environment. With a strong desire to progress and build a career in Engineering. As well as being confident using computers and a MEWP certification would be advantageous.
Company: Marks and Spencer
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leicester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A