Handles incoming leads for large groups (e.g.,0-50 room nights) and catering leads for hotels supported by the Canada Sales Office, in an assigned geographic area. Works with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty. Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Transfers accurate, complete, and timely information to property in accordance with brand standards.
- Up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue for individual properties.
- Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Responds in a timely manner to incoming large group/catering opportunities that are within the parameters of the Group Sales team within the Sales Office.
- Refers opportunities to appropriate sales associate if business is outside the Group Sales parameters.
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand) and how to sell against them.
- Verifies that business booked is within hotel parameters.
- Experience selling large group business experience, either at a property or in a sales office.
- Knowledge of the group sales process for all brands and how to close a sale.
- Team-based selling experience.
- Hospitality Management Degree.
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and
- Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A