Website National Security Agency
This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), Offices of the Assistant Administrator, Office of the Chief of Staff, with one vacancy in Silver Spring, MD.
- Serve as the principal administrative support and management services provider for the office, independently executing the coordination and planning of a variety of support service functions including matters of records management, directives, forms, reports, purchases, general and office administrative functions, correspondence control and preparation, briefings, the conduct of special projects, studies and reports, and internal control actions.
- Monitor and review expenditures, purchase card reconciliation and projected spending of the Office of the Assistant Administrator (OAA) purchase and training budget.
- Serve as the office Web-based Time Attendance (WebTA) Timekeeper, ensuring employees’ time and attendance records and supporting documents are accurate and that all labor hours are certified.
- Serve as the office Travel and Purchase Coordinator responsible for preparing and controlling all TDY and Permanent Change of Station orders, to include computing travel estimates, maintaining internal accounting for travel funds, and ensuring travel vouchers are properly prepared and forwarded for payment in a timely manner.
- Establish written guidance and procedures for management of administrative activities in support of the office.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- Time-in-grade/band must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
Company: National Weather Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Suitland, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A