Patagonia is looking for an experienced, compassionate, highly motivated individual to assist in all areas of Safety & Security. This is a new role that must embody Patagonia’s unique culture and demonstrate an open and inclusive approach to making sure everyone who has contact with Patagonia feels safe and welcome. Success will require a demonstrated commitment to ensuring Patagonia consistently offers a just and equitable work environment, whether on site at the Ventura locations or while working remotely.
- Monitors & patrols multiple sites on foot and/or bicycle, checks for unsafe conditions, hazards etc.
- Responds to incidents of work-related injury, medical emergency, fire, threats, suspicious activity etc…
- Observes and reports activities and incidents.
- Controls & monitors access into all buildings.
- Prepares accurate logs and reports as needed.
- Works closely with other security personnel, management, employees & visitors.
- Learn and understand basic OSHA and Fire laws.
- More specific duties will be discussed during interview process.
- 2+ years combined experience in physical security, law enforcement, military, community outreach, customer service and/or emergency response coordination.
- Be at least 21 years of age with at least a high school education or equivalent (GED).
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing racial justice and equity.
- Actively works towards creating a welcoming, respectful and inclusive environment for all members of Patagonia’s community.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with all levels of personnel, co-workers and the public in a professional and effective manner.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong sense of Integrity, Professionalism and understanding of Confidentiality.
- Desire and capacity to lead thinking and execution at a strategic as well as operational level.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with everyone and use those relationships to execute business strategy.
- Flexibly; adaptability; ability to act quickly in an emergency and make sound judgement calls.
- Effective project management and time management skills.
- Must be comfortable working in an independent manner, able to multi-task, be flexible with and embrace and lead through change and prioritize the needs of the business.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A