We are seeking to recruit a Senior Instrument Engineer (12 month contract) to work within the Instrumentation & Control Engineering team carrying out Conceptual, FEED and Detail Design engineering projects. The successful candidate must hold valid BOSIET/MIST/UK Medical for offshore travel to perform both engineering surveys and to provide commissioning direction and oversight.
- Coordinating the preparation of Purchase Requisitions for the procurement of equipment and materials. Ensuring materials are obtained within scheduled timeframes and budgeted costs
- Participating in HAZOP meetings and undertake SIL studies with client and representatives of other engineering disciplines
- Providing inputs for the preparation of plot plans, organise the issuance of engineering drawings and technical documents for Inter-Discipline Checks (IDCs), co-ordinating with other engineering discipline in the integration of data inputs
- Interacting with Quality Assurance for quality issues, strictly ensure compliance with Company’s ISO Quality procedures. Co-ordinate Internal and Client audit requests, facilitate audit procedures of engineering systems within the department
- Preparation of technical enquiry requisitions to vendors, participating in the technical evaluation of vendor bid offers. Directing and providing guidance in the Technical Bid Evaluations (TBE), reviewing vendor drawings and documents
- Reviewing ‘Invitation To Bid’ documents submitted in the proposals stage, develop specifications and enquiry requisitions, review techno-commercial vendor offers
- Preparing equipment, material and man-hour estimates
- Identifying scope of work, budgeted man hours, budgeted quantities, total number of deliverables, format of delivery, time schedules and other specifications for execution of the work. Monitor man-hour costs and team schedules. Recommend cost effective measures to reduce the overall package costs
- Applicants must hold at least a BEng in Instrument & control or Electrical Engineer, CEng status preferable. Experience in developing engineering scopes of work from concept to detail design and specification of Modification/Replacement/Upgrade/New system modifications is essential for this role.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate in depth knowledge of relevant international specifications and codes and a good knowledge of international equipment costs.
- The successful candidate must have experience in a similar role with exposure to EPC environments. Applicants must hold at least a BEng in Instrument & control or Electrical Engineer, CEng status preferable.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Aberdeen, GB
Application Deadline: N/A