Website Qatar Airways
Generate maximum cargo revenue in the assigned country and stations through effective sales strategies and promotion. Responsible in meeting or exceeding the set revenue/tonnage target for the assigned country and stations and provide customer service in sales and operational areas, liaising with Ground Handling Agents, government organizations and Cargo Head Office. Create “Products” to suit the special needs of the customers and gain trust in the station/country as well as globally by having a constant interaction with main customers.
- Plan, direct and control all selling and marketing activities for the stations under the assigned country and penetrate the local market to secure new sources of revenue and surpass set revenue budgets
- Prepare a Business and Marketing Plan in order to optimize revenue opportunities and maximize QR’s presence in the market. Assist in preparing and controlling the Expenditure Budget.
- Manage the sales team to optimize cargo revenue production and develop/optimize their potentials. (Distribute areas of responsibility and allocate sales targets to sales executives. Supervise and monitor the sales force and strengthen their weak areas)
- Assist customers/clients with all information related to booking/forwarding/delivery liaising with local Ground Handling Agents and with Head Office Cargo department to ensure./enhance a satisfactory service provided by QR. Educate agents/client with all QR procedures and procedures regarding the prevailing standards for booking/delivering issues from time to time and by paying agents regular sales visits to generate maximum revenue by providing complete sales and after sales service and encourage them to generate more business on QR.
- Annual budget planning and monitoring for proposed new service and pay back calculation on investments. Oversee GHA functions to ensure smooth operations and strict compliance to all standards and regulatory requirements.
- Research and report other airline practices and rates and recommend corrective action. (Evaluate QR’s market share, traffic movements to/from the station and other airline practices and fares. Identify areas of concern and instigate remedial action).
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Relevant College or University qualification to minimum Bachelor’s level.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Computer literate.
- Minimum 7 Years relevant experience.
- 7+ years of airline experience or air freight industry.
- Knowledge in air cargo operations is a must
- Cargo Marketing, Basic Rating, Dangerous Goods Regulations
- IATA/TACT Regulations and its impact on sales
- Strong negotiation and good communication skills
- Ramp Handling course
- Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Live Animal Regulations
- Perishable cargo handling
- Presentation skills
- Customer Service and Orientation
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Company: Qatar Airways
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Delhi, India
Application Deadline: N/A