ExxonMobil is looking for a mathematical optimization scientist with backgrounds in operations research, management sciences, applied mathematics or engineering. We are looking for dynamic, creative, and resourceful individuals to join our research efforts in broad set of upstream oil & gas areas including exploration, development, production and commercial. The focus on value generation provides the opportunity to have significant impact leveraging ExxonMobil’s strong belief in creating commercial advantage through the use of technology. The company places high emphasis on fundamental scientific skills and the ability to combine technical skills with business understanding to improve profitability.
- Design and develop complex optimization and simulation models and apply them to define strategic and tactical needs and drive the appropriate business and technical solutions.
- Contribute to various stages of optimization model development and deployment
- Apply theories of mathematical optimization, including linear programming, combinatorial optimization, integer programming, network flows and algorithms to design optimal or near optimal solution methodologies.
- Provide technical support and enhancements to affiliates worldwide for deployed research applications.
- Research and propose use of new technologies.
- Distill problem definitions and constraints from informal or abstract business requirements and engineering problems; and to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives.
- Strong background in modeling large scale discrete, nonlinear, or stochastic mathematical optimization models and developing efficient optimization algorithms.
- Demonstrated communication skills and software development skills in a collaborative team environment.
- Have a desire and an ability to grow into new science areas
- Ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-technical audience.
- Expert in at least one major programming language (C/C++, C#, Java, Python, etc.) or optimization modeling language (e.g. AMPL, GAMS, AIMMS, OPL, etc.)
Qualification & Experience:
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or other related scientific disciplines, combined with strong computational modeling and algorithmic skills.
- Experience in the petrochemical industry or geoscience is not required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, Texas, US
Application Deadline: N/A