Website Royal Caribbean
The cruise industry provides a dynamic and competitive environment with extensive growth over the next decade. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is a leader of this industry offering three cruise brands, Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Azamara Cruises with a worldwide product offering. The Revenue Management (RM) Department plays a key role in our efforts to stay on top of this industry through yield maximization with responsibilities for strategic and tactical initiatives.
As a member of the Revenue Management team, you will be responsible for optimizing revenue through development and implementation of inventory and pricing strategies. This includes analysis of large data sets to establish effective selling strategies, oversell strategies and determining the optimal market mix, including groups. You will have exposure to senior management and work closely with Sales, Marketing, Trade Support and Services and Reservations.
- Optimize yields through effective inventory management and pricing strategy
- Set pricing and inventory levels based on trend data
- Develop pricing and promotional strategy at the market and booking channel
- Conduct ongoing competitor price and product analysis to ensure proper rate positioning and product offering relative to competition
- Actively participate in daily pricing decisions
- Communicate weekly pricing and promotional strategies along with overall product performance to upper management
- Demonstrate sound judgment and resourcefulness in decision making and problem solving
- Makes timely decisions on promotional opportunities based on market demand and product needs
- Participate in annual Game Plan creation process, resulting in the overall product strategy
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Masters degree (MA) preferred
- Bachelors degree (BA) from four-year college or university required with focus in quantitative discipline preferred
- Two years related experience in financial / business analysis or related field preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate understanding of revenue management concepts and tools and demonstrate understanding of basic economics
- Previous experience in implementing system enhancements and decision making tools preferred
- Demonstrated ability to organize and analyze large volumes of data, make decisions and recommendations and independently implement decisions is required
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver high quality, clear and concise presentations
- To perform this position successfully, the individual should be a self starter and be able to complete a project with little direction. Furthermore, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty in a timely and accurate manor.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving and problem identification.
Company: Royal Caribbean
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A