As a Front End Developer you will be joining a team of talented engineers that have a strong focus on the customer experience. Working in an Agile environment that will enable the project to provide extraordinary experiences for our customers. You’ll be reporting into the Development Manager as well as working closely internally with the wider Digital team including Trading & Operations, the Buying and Merchandising team and IT team.
- Participate in the development, design, testing and deployment of solutions built on the Adobe Experience Manager platform.
- Resolve user-identified functional and technical issues on AEM platform.
- Build and manage day-to-day client relationships and requests, supporting a wide range of basic web development and content management activities.
- Partner with content and design teams to build or enhance templates, components and functionalities to support marketing campaigns.
- Support internal users as a subject matter expert, recommending enhancements, best practices and new processes to optimize use and adoption of the platform
- Work closely with Product Owner, Agile Lead and team members to collaborate and influence new development
- Ensure performance and quality of all deliveries across different platforms
- Developing front end applications in a modular and extensible way
- Create separated libraries (JS & CSS) based around a CMS
- Work with Backend team to integrate template and authorable components according to designs within AEM.
- Strong experience and understanding of Agile ways of working within a Development context
- Advance experience writing semantic and accessible HTML
- Advance experience writing responsive CSS; have excellent understanding of CSS pre-processors such as SASS and LESS.
- Experience with version control especially Git within a large development team.
- Experienced with a background in Digital and eCommerce with proven experience developing front end applications in a modular and extensible way
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices for performance optimisations, accessibility and usability.
- Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things. You will have an interest in innovative ideas and technologies to help you achieve team goals
- Focused and self-motivated . Have the ability to work effectively to drive projects to completion and sustain productivity
- Customer focused. You will have the maturity and initiative to do what it takes to achieve results with the end customer always at the forefront
- Experience using a task runner or build tooling such as Grunt/Gulp or Webpack
- Experience building Developer testing frameworks such as Jest and Cypress
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brentford, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A