At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience, and we know that has to start by listening to our customers and listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives.
This is a rare opportunity for an exceptional and strategic Security Leader to own and build Security at Sonos and make an impact!
We’d like you to elevate our security strategy to the next level and manage a small team of security professionals. We enjoy collaboration and deep partnerships across multidisciplinary teams at Sonos to ensure that leading security practices are effectively implemented.
- Build the Security Strategy: You will build out the security framework and roadmap to mirror and support our Sonos Strategy, collaborating with your product security partners to bring together a complete and unified security roadmap.
- Build Security Processes, Engineering, and platforms to Identify, Protect and Remediate Security risks to Sonos. This includes leading the Security Engineering team, building a security as a service platform and secdevops culture to quickly enable engineers to bring new ideas to market securely, and build our identity platform of the future.
- Lead Security Engineering : Leverage your well-rounded background in host, network and application security to provide expert security engineering recommendations. This will enable the technology and business teams to identify, prioritize, and in some cases, implement changes that will reduce the level of security risk at Sonos.
- Build the Identity platform for the future: At Sonos, Identity and Security are partners in success. You will bring your security experience together with internal experts in IAM to navigate Sonos to the right solutions.
- Defend Sonos from Cyber Attack : Serve as the voice for security at Sonos, assisting in the selection, implementation, integration, and use of security solutions such as attack detection and vulnerability management systems across various parts of the business, with a focus on automation and API-based integration.
- Champion Security Culture and Influence Others To Support Security: Inclusive of your strategy will be the ever integral part of building security into our culture. You will own training, communications and have the opportunity to work with the Sonos training team to define content and audiences for security training to ensure that employees do their part.
- Perform Risk Assessments: Perform global and cross functional risk assessments of existing vendors and solutions and participate in architecture/design reviews for new technology solutions to provide security-focused inputs into the design.
- Build the tools to build the tools: You get excited by building! You know that providing secure tooling, services and modules makes security easier for everyone building things internally.
- Have Fun : Given all the stuff above — responsibility, getting things done in the midst of rapid change, solving hard problems — can you have fun? Absolutely. The right security leader will embrace this challenge with a committed smile, with faith in the team, and with a light heart. The champion motivates the team and makes both successes and failures positive.
- 10+ years in a Security Leadership Role – you are strategic and hands on.
- You have a well rounded background in all aspects of Corporate security, and have mastered some of them
- You know how to communicate security concepts and goals to anyone
- You will have prior experience with technology stacks including AWS, vSphere, SaaS platforms (Salesforce, Zuora, SAP, Concur, Slack, Git etc.) and internally hosted platforms (Jira, Confluence, Sharepoint)
- You understand how compliance with laws and regulations influences a Security strategy (GDPR, CCPA, PCI, SOX)
- The ability to lead a distributed team
- The drive to go from plan to execution in a complex environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellevue, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A