Website London Southend Airport
This essential post is required to maintain the safe, orderly and expeditious flow of air traffic, preventing collisions between aircraft in the air and also between aircraft and vehicles on the maneuvering area. Ensure that all tasks undertaken adhere to relevant regulatory and company standards. Notify appropriate organisations regarding any reportable incidents such as aircraft in need of search and rescue, and assist such organisations as required.
- Provide ATS appropriate to the Class of airspace.
- Liaise with internal and external agencies.
- Follow and comply with the company’s Safety Management System (SMS).
- Perform ancillary tasks as required to maintain effective running of the ATC department.
- Take responsibility for own actions.
- Interact effectively with other operational ATC team members.
- Control of aircraft on the maneuvering area
- Control of vehicles on the maneuvering area
- The organisation and control of air traffic arriving, departing and flying in the vicinity of London Southend Airport.
- Issuing information and instructions to aircraft.
- Co-ordination with adjacent agencies as required.
- Providing an alerting service to airfield and external agencies.
- Operation of airport, ATC and related systems in accordance with published procedures.
- Compliance with ATC and company regulations, and SMS reporting procedures.
- Maintenance of CAA and company administrative records in accordance with published procedures.
- Liaison with other airport departments and external agencies as required.
- Ensuring movement areas and associated facilities are adequately inspected.
- Checking of ATC related equipment status, and reporting any unserviceabilities appropriately.
- Preparation and dissemination of meteorological reports in accordance with CAP782
- Strong communication skills
- Astute Relationship Management
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership and critical thinking skills
- Meet CAA/Southend Medical Standard
- UK CAA Aerodrome Control Rating and Endorsement.
- Meteorological Observers Certificate
- UK CAA Approach Surveillance Rating and Endorsement.
- UK CAA Approach Procedural Rating and Endorsement.
- OJTI/EXM Endorsements
Company: London Southend Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Southend-On-Sea, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A