Website Southwest Airlines
Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Lead and guide others to evaluate, develop, customize, install, and implement functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated systems in accordance with Customer requirements, and organizational methodologies and standards. Mentors others in working with vendors to respond to production problems and implement immediate resolution efforts across technology areas.
- In collaboration with Enterprise Architecture, sets the platform strategy and road map.
- Responsible for vendor management, partner governance, and oversight to deploy systems which are complete, designed and managed over life cycles.
- Responsible for providing innovative solutions to proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability in order to resolve escalations of high complexity.
- Meet commitments and deliverables as related to leading projects and/or project oversight.
- Maintain awareness of technology trends in area of responsibility and makes appropriate recommendations.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Responsible for developing and executing against solution strategies and business plans that support business expansion
- Proactively identify problems, plan solutions, recommend software and systems, and coordinate developments in an orderly manner to meet business requirements.
- Including but not limited to: monitor and test performance and capacity for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with partners to implement fixes.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- Able to develop, present, and effectively communicate complex ideas and strategies in both technical and user-friendly language to a variety of audiences.
- Expert partnering, negotiation, and communication skills in working with Business Customers and Technology support.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Additional job skills include, but are not limited to: excellent project management skills, excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills, and excellent analytical/creative problem-solving skills.
- Expert knowledge of systems development methodologies, practices, concepts, and technologies obtained through formal training and or work experience. Mentoring and leading Engineers.
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A