Website Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines Ramp Agents provide legendary Customer service by handling cargo and baggage service, directing and servicing aircraft and related activities on the airport ramp.
- Loads, unloads, services, guides, and directs Company Aircraft;
- Safeguards Customers’ baggage, air cargo, air mail, and COMAT from weather, loss, theft, damage and/or destruction;
- Handles all aspects of loading, stowing and unloading baggage, cargo airmail, air freight, ballast and company materials according to a predetermined plan received either electronically or manually from an Operations Agent;
- Receives and records Customer baggage, air freight, mail and company materials as required;
- Submits, either electronically or manually, a Cargo Bin Loading Slip (CBLS) to an Operations Agent;
- Picks up, delivers, and transports cargo and baggage to and from aircraft and prepares records in connection with these responsibilities;
- Warehouses, weighs, stacks, picks up and delivers air cargo, checks air cargo handled against accompanying forms to identify any mishandling or discrepancies and corrects routine errors;
- Uses jetway stairs frequently to carry items checked at the gate to the aircraft bin;
- Reviews cargo forms for accuracy and corrects forms as necessary;
- Performs interior aircraft cabin cleaning by hand, including sweeping upholstery, cleans windows, galleys and disposal containers in accordance with applicable paperwork;
- Cleans and services lavatories, operates lavatory carts and disposes of contents in accordance with established procedures;
- May perform duties of a Provisioning Agent, including stocking aircraft cabin interiors for flights with equipment and supplies such as literature, disposal, and refuse containers and commissary items in accordance with applicable paperwork. Maintains an inventory of such items and supplies;
- Transports cabin and cleaning equipment between aircraft storage area;
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986;
- Must possess a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
- May be required by Station Leadership to obtain a Customs Seal and meet all requirements to work international flights.
- Must be able to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 40 to 50 pounds on raised surfaces.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods.
- Must be able to work in cramped or high places.
- Must be able to carry heavy items up and down Jetway stairs.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A