Website Marriott International
The Marriott International HQ located at 10400 Fernwood Road , Bethesda, MD 20817 is currently hiring an Assistant Manager, Accounting.
- This position will be part of a team responsible for the accurate internal and external financial reporting of a subset of Marriott’s foreign subsidiaries.
- Complete analysis and reconciliation of financial activity recorded to the general ledger in a timely manner to facilitate monthly and quarterly financial reporting for the entities, including reviewing financial activity for overall reasonableness and accuracy and timely submission of governance certifications in accordance with Marriott internal control policies.
- Record financial statement/audit adjustments and other journal entries to the general ledger as applicable.
- Participate in the monthly and quarterly corporate financial close procedures.
- Understand and document significant transactions related to these entities to support internal financial reporting, annual financial statements and the annual audit processes.
- Establish and nurture relationships with auditors, service providers and other Marriott teams.(interesting)
- Assist in the team’s desire to utilize technology to improve processes
- Participate in various department-
- The responsibilities of this position include local GAAP financial statement and related schedule preparation, coordination of entity audits, and ongoing review and analysis of the activity within each of the assigned foreign entities.
- The team is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of legal subsidiary ledgers and generating financial statements for the entities to complete the entity audit process in a timely and efficient manner, facilitate timely statutory income tax reporting and facilitate timely board of managers reporting (do you have these in your space?).
- Coordinate the annual statutory audit processes, including preparation of supporting schedules and documentation. Ensure that audits occur in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepare foreign entity financial statements and supporting schedules and ensure timely filing of the financial statements with appropriate authorities through service providers.
- Provide transaction support to aid in the preparation of local country VAT returns. Reconcile the returns to the ledger.
- Document current processes, maintain existing documentation so it is relevant and participate in process improvement initiatives and standardizations.
- The Assistant Manager works with independence, but within established guidelines, to produce and analyze financial information as well as legal contracts to support the accounting for subsidiaries. In addition, he/she will serve as a contact for entity questions/issues for stakeholders across the organization.
- High proficiency with PC based software (Microsoft Office); use of macros and pivot tables in Excel.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and prioritization skills; high performance levels under tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; ability to articulate issues to a variety of individuals at multiple levels within the organization.
- Demonstrates an independent ability to research and analyze transactions and balances within a complex accounting system structure and in a multi-currency environment.
- Strong business process skills; capable of developing effective processes, ensuring compliance with existing processes and producing quality results.
- Ability to manage multiple work activities concurrently with minimal supervision.
- At ease in an environment of change; supports and manages change within the organization.
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and integrity.
- Interested in utilizing technology to drive process improvements
- Able to develop and maintain effective business relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures all work is completed on time with a high attention to detail.
- Displays commitment towards collaborating in a results-oriented team setting.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 3-4 years of progressive accounting experience to include financial statement preparation and account analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g. macros & pivot tables)
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or MBA preferred
Company: Marriott International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bethesda, Maryland, US
Application Deadline: N/A