As the Deckhand, your general purpose duties will be associated with the day to day operation of the Woolwich Ferry, working as part of a roster which includes night shift working, including but not limited to safe loading and unloading operations; general safety and security duties; maintenance of the vessels, infrastructure and equipment; mooring and bunkering operations, and any other duties as directed by the Duty Operations Manager, Captain and Marine Engineering Officer.
- Provide emergency response duties as directed by the Duty Operations Manager and Captain and take immediate action in response to all incidents on the vessels, at the terminals and in access roads / pavements connected therewith.
- Ensure standards of cleanliness and order are maintained throughout all areas of the vessel at all times – including but not limited to passenger and crew accommodation, vehicle decks, machinery spaces and link-spans, approach roads and pavements and all other areas connected with the Woolwich Ferry Operation. Additionally ensure all reasonable actions are taken to rectify or warn passengers during service hours of any issues or defects which may directly or indirectly affect passenger service and care.
- Count and report the total number of passengers and vehicles on board for every crossing.
- Monitor the movement of passengers in respect of safety and security measures and protocols in force at the time. Security related duties in accordance with the PFSP.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with the traffic management team to ensure efficient traffic management at all times to ensure minimal delays and disruption to passengers.
- Participate in fire, evacuation, flood, and other emergency situations and drills as required.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to successfully manage conflict when interfacing with customers.
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining a high level of concentration and care.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous operational experience in transportation industry is desirable.
- An aptitude for delivering the highest standards of customer service and care are essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, GB
Application Deadline: N/A