Website Total S.A.
With operations in more than 130 countries, Total is a top-tier international oil and gas company and a major player in low-carbon energies. We discover, produce, process, sell and market energy in a variety of forms, all the way to end-customers. Committed to better energy, our staff of 98,000 employees helps provide customers throughout the world with products and services that are safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. Our ambition is to become the responsible energy major.In our Houston-based upstream research center (Total E&P Research and Technology USA, LLC), we apply innovative, state-of-the-art technologies and skills to develop enabling and breakthrough technologies, technical tools and quantitative techniques. Established in 2008, TEP R&T is at the leading edge of strategically-important research areas. Our activities are accelerated through proprietary research, joint-industry projects, government and university-sponsored programs, and by leveraging alliances with corporate partners and other research centers.
- Ensure the good conduct of the project, relevancy of scientific and technical directions, stakeholder management and technology transfer with the relevant entities in Total.
- Attend conferences with HPC focus and produce conference memos.
- Track the HPC development and identify potential technology for the TOTAL.
- Publish reports and peer-review publications summarizing research findings. Present results at program meetings and scientific conferences.
- Propose and undertake HPC Research projects. Develop research ideas related to HPC topics, such as numerical method, programming, parallel computing, system, etc.
- Propose internship projects, participate in intern selection and mentor intern with assigned project.
- Promote the Company’s reputation in the professional and academic community.
- Acquire related basic geosciences knowledge to improve and enhance the quality of work when working on related HPC projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Actively contribute to code development and management.
- Follow the standard software development procedures. Write clean code with clear documentation.
- Assist fellow team members in software/HPC related issues.
- Good knowledge of software engineering tools for Continuous Integration.
- Significant research creativity and impact demonstrated through an excellent publication track record.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary to create and present reports, publications, and to provide technical information and advice to management and other stakeholders.
- Significant experience and advanced knowledge of numerical methods: discretization schemes, linear algebra or optimization.
- Expert in Scientific code architecture, Object Oriented programming, HPC programming with strong programming skills in at least 4 of the following: MPI, PGAS, OpenMP, OpenAcc, Fortran, C, C++, python and CUDA.
- Excellent knowledge of HPC architectures: processors, interconnect, different clusters, SMP, MPP, memory hierarchy and storage.
- Good knowledge of I/O systems: ADIOS, HDF5…
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to work in a diverse, international and multidisciplinary research team.
- Knowledge in upstream related topics such as geosciences, reservoir engineering, etc would be advantageous.
- Willingness and ability to travel, domestic and international.
Company: Total S.A.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, Texas, US
Application Deadline: N/A