Website Trader Joe's
The Construction Manager’s primary responsibility is to manager multiple construction projects throughout the chain of Trader Joe’s Neighborhood Grocery stores, working within stores currently open and conducting business. Specifically, the Construction Manager will be accountable for design, budgeting and construction of existing store projects.
- Retain and manage architects, industry experts, engineers, and general contractors.
- Coordinate design, scope of work, and schedule with the store operations crew and obtain internal approvals.
- Review construction documents for accuracy and coordinate with project stakeholders in other departments, such as Purchasing, MIS, and Accounting.
- Oversee architects in preparing construction documents, bringing a working knowledge and insight into Refrigeration Equipment, Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC systems.
- Manage multiple construction projects and special projects per year to ensure on-time completion, budget cost control, accuracy, and quality of work.
- Strong understanding of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing systems
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong familiarity with National Building, Fire and Accessibility codes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Superior attention to detail, communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving, proactive approach, sense of urgency
Company: Trader Joe’s
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A