As a Government Information Specialists you will perform a wide variety of duties related to the FOIA/PA Program. Primary responsibilities include researching, interpreting and applying FOIA/PA statutes and regulations, and processing complex FOIA/PA cases.
- The responsibilities described are for the GS-11 level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope performed with less independence, and limited complexity.
- Review and analyze complex or sensitive Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act (FOIA/PA) requests, while ensuring compliance with FOIA/PA laws, regulations and policies.
- Adjudicate which information and documentation can be released.
- Research, interpret, and analyze legal issues, records policy, and internal procedures while applying extensive knowledge of records systems, statutes, and precedents to ascertain whether responsive records are complete and to make recommendations.
- Provide accurate and timely technical assistance for disclosure of FOIA/PA records using automated processing systems to redact records and prepare all necessary correspondence, notices and other documentation.
- Answer and respond to FOIA/PA appeal inquiries, complaints and litigation.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National to apply for this position
- Successfully pass a Background Investigation including financial disclosure
- You must pass a drug screening
- You must submit a resume and supporting documentation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A