This position is eligible for remote work, within Canada, under our mobile workforce program.
As WestJet becomes more complex and dynamic, we are seeking a System Administrator – Analytics Platforms reporting into our Sr. Manager of Business Intelligence and Analytics. This individual exhibits a high standard of excellence, enjoys challenges, and is results-driven. The incumbent must be highly motivated and demonstrate the ability to work in an agile environment.
As a System Administrator – Analytics Platforms, you will create and maintain the delivery of products/services to support Data & BI and various business units across the organization. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, deploying, and supporting Infrastructure-as-a-Code to deliver efficient solutions. This position requires an energetic self-starter with a strong work ethic, willingness to learn and someone that thrives in a modern team culture. If you tend to challenge the status quo and strive to be innovative, this is the role for you.
- Support the suite of business intelligence, data development and data platform tools used by the Data & BI team.
- Assess and implement new technology into sustainable infrastructure environments that meets best practices and aligns with Westjet strategies.
- Identifies areas for improvement by providing recommendations for more efficient DataOps processes
- Participation in an on-call support rotation for critical data and analytics applications
- Keep systems compliant by preventative maintenance and forward planning
- Use Splunk and other monitoring tools to be proactive in issue identification and response
- Promptly assess, triage, and respond to issues escalated from other support areas
- Possess knowledge about emerging technologies and determine how our applications/processes can benefit from them
- Mentor and guide junior team members
- Automate and document troubleshooting and operational tasks
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines to automate the delivery of our services
- Work and provide guidance to vendors and managed services providers
- Test developed components including ensuring conformance to security requirements.
- Configure BI tools on both back-end and front-end; develop the semantic and metadata layers.
- Provide support to other team members and business power users.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems (or equivalent operational work-related experience)
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role or application support role
- Deep understanding of cloud infrastructure/delivery, high availability, high performance, multi-datacenter infrastructure and hybrid cloud environments
- Experience with continuous integration, testing and deployment
- Experience with ETL and data warehouse automation tools
- Experience working in very large data warehouse environments
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS analytic cloud solutions.
- Experience delivering custom solutions using the Scrum delivery methodology
- Strong understanding of basic networking, load balancing, HTTP and application servers such as Tomcat, Apache
- Expert knowledge of Windows Server systems, Unix/Linux OS, SQL and Oracle databases
- Strong scripting skills – deployment automation and configuration management experience with tools like Ansible and Terraform
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload.
- Experience in administration role of Power BI, Tabelau, Alteryx, Semarchy and Splunk
- Experience with WhereScape, Azure Data technologies, and Snowflake
- Expertise with Microsoft BI toolset including: SSIS & SSAS
- Expert in writing and tuning SQL scripts
- Working knowledge of StreamSets or other similar data integration tools
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hamilton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A