Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Finance Manager to join the Data Transfer Finance team. AWS is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost cloud infrastructure platform that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Amazon has a strong culture of data-driven decision making that requires timely, accurate, and actionable intelligence. We are looking for a hands-on and motivated self-starter who is passionate about using data to deliver valuable insights and influence decision-making.
- Continuously sharpen your skillset by learning and maintaining knowledge of existing and emerging data sets owned by teams across AWS for capacity planning, procurement, infrastructure management and financial reporting.
- Build complex financial models and analytical tools to support the development, controllership and validation of the cost assignment process.
- Drive scalability and automation projects. Partner with system teams to clearly define project requirements and implement process enhancements.
- Drive controllership of the monthly close process to ensure data quality, track financial metrics, analyze variances, identify key business drivers and communicate findings to senior management and service teams.
- Develop new cost assignment methodologies and adapt existing processes to keep pace with rapidly evolving cloud infrastructure.
- Partner with AWS services (e.g. Compute, Storage & Edge) and infrastructure teams to drive network cost optimization initiatives.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or related field.
- Experience with SQL and data warehouse.
- Advanced Excel skills with experience developing complex financial models.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Strong business and finance partner experience working with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with Cognos TM1, or similar financial systems.
- MBA or Master’s in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent preferred.
- 8+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A