View All Ace Hardware JobsAce Hardware
As a strategic partner, the HR Business Partner (HRBP) aligns business objectives with employees and management. The HRBP serves as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues. Successful HRBP will act as employee champion and change agent. HRBP assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively to the HR Manager, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The HRBP formulates partnerships across the HR function, in both the RSC and Ace Corporate to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the retail support center’s financial position, its goals and objectives and its culture as well as outside trends that may impact the business.
- Lead, support and encourage Ace Values: Winning, Excellence, Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility and Teamwork.
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships in order to influence and provide effective HR processes, advice and support. Under guidance, provide proactive coaching, consultation and direction to management in areas of staffing, employee relations, policy administration and performance management. Consults with HR Manager to ensure solutions comply with policies and laws.
- Conducts less complex employee relations investigations and determine and/or recommend the best corrective action for each situation with consultation from the HR Manager to ensure solutions comply with polices and laws.
- Create a positive employee relations environment which enhances strong employee relations and high-level performance and lead by example.
- Provides day-to-day performance management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, terminations, and goal setting).
- Conduct New Hire Orientation, 15/30/45-day new hire check-in’s, stay interviews, and STOP observations.
- Provides recruiting support for exempt and non-exempt roles
- Manage tuition reimbursement and Dock to Driver program.
- Manages leave of absences and worker’s compensation claims for the retail support center.
- Manages the annual performance review tracking for hourly employees.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current employment laws and maintains compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- PHR/SPHR preferred
- Minimum 2-5 years progressive HR experience
- Fluent in Spanish (helpful, but not required)
- Passionate “does whatever it takes” attitude.
- Ability to multitask and work well in the high-pressured environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to create effective relationships throughout the organization with both rank & file as well as upper management.
- Successful and demonstrated HR generalist experience with proven track record in compensation practices, organizational development, employee relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- Project management skills
- Proven presentation and training experience, focus group facilitation
- Solid knowledge and experience with investigative / interviewing techniques
- Excellent consulting skills
- Strong conflict management skills
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to influence, gain support and achieve results.
Company: Foot Locker
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A