AECOM is seeking high level Data Center Electricians to join our new critical environment operations & maintenance teams in northern Virginia.
- These positions typically work 12-hour shifts from 700am – 700pm OR 700pm – 700am; shifts alternate every 4 months.
- Must be able to flex hours and cover for team members and special projects to meet critical business demand.
- Hiring bonus may be available to qualified candidates outside of the commuting area.
These positions are responsible for providing an advanced level of expertisewith respect to in performing preventive maintenance, responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing emergency repairs on critical electrical equipment and systems.
Must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot all facility equipment and systems including normal and emergency power systems; buss power distribution systems, duct plugs, conduit, and wiring; pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems; switch gears, motors, disconnects and breakers, AC and variable frequency drives, low voltage controls, PLCs, cranes and hoists, lighting systems, building automation systems, motor control centers up to and including 480V, etc.
Strong electrical / mechanical skills are required for repairs of HVAC units, conveyors, motors, control circuits, VFDs, PLCs, and CO Monitoring. The ability to safely work with 3 phase 480v power is a must and includes the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical issues in a critical environment.
Provides instruction, mentors and trains less skilled technicians as needed. Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, solve electrical problems, and provide solutions to critical infrastructure problems.
The Data Center Electrician 4 must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Troubleshoots and locates electrical problems in a variety of electrical equipment, controls and electrical systems.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs electrical equipment up to 480v 3 phase and facility systems such as RTU, doors, lighting, VFDs and motors circuits.
- Assures work conforms to NEC guidelines.
- Reads and understands schematics, diagrams, and specifications.
- Utilizes the building automation system to track building conditions and the operation of facilities equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, and repairs on electrical systems and equipment, instruments, control systems, drives, and lighting systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Assists lower level technicians with assignments as needed and provides appropriate coaching
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis, lockout/tagout, and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Performs all assignments with the end goal of high level of customer satisfaction
- Flexible in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Complies with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Ensures excellent customer service and safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
Within AECOM, our group provides facilities and production maintenance services for our clients’ industrial, manufacturing, distribution, pharmaceutical, and commercial sites worldwide.
- We run our own crews of Production Maintenance Techs, CNC Service Techs, Automation Techs, Industrial Electricians, Maintenance Mechanics, Industrial HVAC Techs, Logistics / Crib Management, Planner/ Schedulers, Supervisors and safety professionals inside our customers’ facilities to keep their infrastructure operating smoothly.
- These are full-time, regular positions with AECOM that offer competitive pay and a full benefits package , including
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- 3 weeks of accrued Paid Time Off per calendar year
- 401k plan with 3% company match
- Employee discounts
- And much more –
- And your benefits start the same day you do!
- Check us out athttps//www.youtube.com/user/AECOMTechnologyCorp *!*
- Come join our team!
- High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of experience as a maintenance electrician in a data center, heavy industrial, or pharmaceutical / biomedical environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have an active US Government Top Secret Security/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Clearance + Polygraph. (TS/SCI + Poly)
- Must be US Citizen.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Knowledge of data center infrastructure.
- Associate’s degree in an Industrial Electrical or related skilled trade program.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing components up to 480V 3 phase.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing lighting and security related systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing electric motors and motor controls.
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing PLCs.
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs).
- Experience maintaining cranes up to 75 ton capacity.
- Experience in troubleshooting 4-20mA circuits.
- Experience using Allen Bradley RS Logix Software.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee’s safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM’s Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 200861BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.