View All Air Canada JobsAir Canada
The Strategic Procurement Manager will work with the Manager, Strategic Procurement – Airside Services and Transportation & Logistics in leading sourcing projects related to the operations, domestically, transborder and international. Airside Services relate to operations at airports, including but no limited to; ground and cargo handling, de-icing operations and glycol recovery, ground support equipment. Transportation and Logistics focuses on freight (delivery, handling, audit, etc.), and similar to Airside Services, spans our passenger and cargo operations.
This individual will lead projects individually as well as support the Manager, Strategic Procurement in collaborating across cross-functional teams and delivering high quality services with a strong focus on value. The candidate will also bring a strong focus on revenue generation and customer-centricity through a variety of initiatives.
In this role, responsibilities will include conducting supply market research, building category/project baselines, establishing sourcing strategies, seeking proposals, conducting negotiations, and contributing to the overall improvement of procurement practices at Air Canada.
- Conduct supply market research and baseline spend analysis
- Work with cross functional teams to determine business requirements and establish sourcing strategies
- Ensure contracted services are provided
- Address operational issues escalating from internal customer
- Further develop SP relationships with internal customers through all engagements and current/potential service providers to Air Canada
- Effectively communicate and promote the successes of SPActively engage in learning Airside, Transportation & Logistics subject matter, negotiation best practices, Air Canada’s governance and business processes
- Support operation by facilitating discussion between parties
- Supplier presentations to deliver the Air Canada service level feedback
- Act as tactful facilitator during problem resolution without compromising the business relationship
- Lead competitive bid and contract negotiations
- Participate in the establishment of best-in-class procurement methods
- Develop models to evaluate supplier proposals using quantitative and qualitative criteria
- Design and implement category strategies that deliver financial and other performance targets such as service, quality, and risk management
- Draft, execute contracts while working with different internal key stakeholders in reviewing the contract
- University degree in the relevant field of study (Commerce, Supply chain, Finances) or professional experience to support the responsibilities of this role
- Demonstrated communication (verbal and written), analytical, negotiation, and project management skills
- Experience in the any of the fields of: procurement, passenger airlines, Airports / Airside services environment, supply chain and/or logistics are all of added benefit.
- Airport or cargo operational experience is an asset
- The ability to lead projects individually as well as work in a group environment
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and accommodate changing priorities
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to innovate
- Strong organizational skills
- High degree of professionalism and discretion is essential
- Flexibility with work hours and occasional travel may be required
Company: British Airways
Vacancy Type: Full time
Job Location: Mississauga, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A