Website ALDI USA
Our store employees are the face of the ALDI shopping experience. Their hard work makes it possible to uphold our company philosophy, providing quality products at the best possible price. Their smiles and pleasant demeanors keep customers coming back time and time again. Our store employees work many roles – from store associate to cashier to stocker – while providing excellent customer service. As a store employee, you’re also responsible for merchandising product, monitoring inventory and keeping the store looking its best. It’s an opportunity to get more out of your career and grow in an exciting environment.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
- Performs within ALDI ACTS Competencies as outlined below.
- Complies with all established company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Identifies and rectifies hazards and/or equipment in need of maintenance to provide a safe environment.
- Assists customers with problems or concerns, and contacts management as appropriate regarding customers with problems or concerns.
- Assists management in achieving store appearance and maintenance standards.
- Processes customer purchases, performs general cleaning duties, and stocks shelves and displays neatly to maximize visibility and sales.
- Participates in taking store inventory counts according to guidelines.
- Provides feedback to management on all products, inventory losses, scanning errors, and general issues that could impact productivity.
- Assists management in achieving payroll and total loss goals.
- Plans and Prioritizes: Makes decisions, sets priorities and organizes information while thinking about the pros and cons of possible outcomes and maintaining compliance with ALDI standards.
- Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative working environment with peers and managers.
- Models ALDI Image: Presents self in a professional way in both typical and challenging situations which promotes a positive ALDI experience for customers and co-workers.
- Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the store.
- Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand customer needs and makes an effort to satisfy them in order to create a pleasant shopping experience.
- Ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
- Drives for Success: Delivers excellent performance by proactively taking concrete actions that adhere to ALDI policies and procedures, and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve results.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including electric/manual hand jack, floor scrubber, and cardboard baler.
- Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
- Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
Company: Aldi USA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A