The successful candidate is one who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are passionate about utilizing big data and analytics to solve real business problems. This role will offer you the opportunity to lead architectural and technical innovation and drive the direction of future security solutions. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and expect team members to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas.
You will have the opportunity to build teams and services that are at the cutting edge of technology, scale and security operations. You will work directly with AWS service teams, security operations and infrastructure teams to continually identify, refine and develop ideas and opportunities that improve the AWS security posture. This leader is expected to have a track record of delivering high quality results in a fast-moving environment. We need someone who’s comfortable building teams, developing talent, and leading by example. Our services operate at large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline for operational excellence is key.
- 10+ years experience managing a team of software engineers in an agile development process
- 10+ years of experience managing teams of 15+ people including managing managers
- Combined 10+ years experience in security operations, incident response, threat intelligence or security analytics/data science
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience developing software in C, C++, Java, Scala, Ruby, and/or Python
- 5+ years experience managing software product roadmaps
- 5+ years experience managing software operations
- Masters degree or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, etc. and data analysis basics such as SQL, R, iPython, etc.
- Understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A