View All Cerner JobsCerner
CernerWorks Technology Improvement is seeking a Lead Software Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for leading architectural decisions, development, and maintenance of automation, orchestration, and observability solutions within CernerWorks. You will provide direction in architecture discussions, design sessions, and code reviews on functional correctness, architectural maintainability, and performance. To succeed in this role, you will leverage technical expertise in configuration as code, compliance as code, and infrastructure as code while applying software development best practices and lifecycle to the management of infrastructure. You will also serve as maintainer and governance for community projects with contributors throughout Cerner and promote DevOps culture and values across the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Capable of creating automated testing with frameworks such as RSpec, Pester, bats, Cucumber, or Eggplant.
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Experience creating compliance as code through tools such as Inspec and or.
- Experience with languages such as Ruby, PowerShell, Python, PHP, Bash/KSH, or DSC.
- Experience working with configuration as code technologies such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins (Groovy), Spinnaker, Bamboo, or Travis CI.
- Due to the client contract you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- At least 7 years of software engineering work experience.
- Experience administrating systems such as Linux, Windows, or Citrix.
- Experience working with infrastructure as code technologies such as Packer, Terraform, or CloudFormation.
- Capable of deploying solutions on containerized platforms such as Docker, Mesos, DC/OS, LXC, or Kubernetes.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A