The Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for managing and directing personnel supporting a 24/7 quality control lab at the Chevron Pasadena Refinery. The laboratory provides high-quality, timely, cost effective testing, analytical, and specialized technical services to the refinery for control of processes and testing of finished products per recognized testing protocols. The Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for leading the lab in a manner that meets compliance requirements and ensures the health and safety of all lab employees.
- Is primary lab contact with external parties (Marketing, outside labs, etc.)
- Ensures that refinery testing activities are accurate and are conducted by standardized/ASTM procedures and are completed in an efficient manner.
- Manages the lab resources and personnel to provide analytical support and product testing in support of the refinery strategies and goals.
- Champions Incident and Injury Free operation and ensures that safe work practices are followed.
- Owns and manages the lab equipment lifecycle plan and provides guidance for analytical instrument purchases.
- Facilitates team meetings and work process improvement activities.
- Initiates and coordinates with other refineries on method development and laboratory best practices as well as actively participates in the Lab
- Business Improvement Network (BIN).
- Manages the lab operating expense budget.
- Works with Operations and Planning departments to coordinate short and long-term analytical needs, new test development and support of refinery plant laboratories.
- Works closely with Product Engineering, Global Aviation, and Chevron Technology Center on quality / compliance issues and interfaces with customers, pipelines, and regulators as appropriate.
- Knowledge of ASTM analytical methods and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Occasional travel, less than 5%.
- 5 years of laboratory experience preferably in refining / petrochemical industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or Science (with significant Chemistry).
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Port Arthur, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A