View All Cigna JobsCigna
The Medical Receptionist / Radiological Technologist performs Front Desk administration, as well as, x-ray services, under the supervision of the Onsite Supervisor and the Radiologist.
- Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments; physicians, patients, families as well as external contacts, such as employees of other healthcare institutions community providers and agencies concerning the healthcare of the patient.
- Performs imaging procedures
- Assumes responsibility for critiquing images and documentation of patient history
- Follows departmental policies and procedures, government guidelines and accrediting regulations:
- Provides Clean and safe work environment for patients and staff
- All f ront desk administrative work (answering phones, scheduling, scanning, checking in and out patients, faxing, imaging prior authorizations, etc.)
- Completes appropriate paperwork and worksheets as required
- Effectively communicates and coordinates patient procedures and care to the patient, with the radiologist(s) and other staff as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate documentation and records
- Maintains patient confidentiality per HIPAA guidelines and Cigna policy.
- Supports a teamwork environment, demonstrates professional behavior, and provides excellent internal and external customer service
- Performs equipment quality control
- Knowledge of accreditation regulations
- Provides exceptional customer service and maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintain orderliness, cleanliness and sterile technique in compliance with established Universal Precautions.
- Attends departmental meetings and mandatory in-services. Is responsible for maintaining current licensure/certification for state and national boards, as well as meeting continuing education requirements.
- Solid Computer skills
- Responsible and reliable
- Ability to convey information to customers in a warm, clear, concise manner.
- Current BCLS / CPR certification
- At least 1 or more years working in a front desk capacity in a healthcare center
- Strong time management skills
- Current ARRT registration and respective State certification required
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Team oriented
- At least two or more years of experience working in Radiology
- Ability to maintain strictest level of patient confidentiality at all times
- Graduate of an approved ARRT Radiological Technology School required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sarasota, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A