View All Civil Service JobsCivil Service
The Citizen Information product delivery unit (PDU) in DWP Digital are at the forefront of helping to deliver the DWP’s new strategic event driven architecture vision and are defining and developing a number of new shared application products that enable secure, appropriate, and effective use of the citizen’s data by the benefit application products to support the claim journey.
The strategy also includes exploiting new data sources from across government and making better use of existing data to deliver operational efficiencies, reduce fraud and error, enable straight through processing within our digital services, and ultimately providing improved citizen journeys.
The security of DWP services and the citizen’s data is at the heart of everything we design and build so it’s crucially important that we have experienced and expert security architects working alongside the technical architects in our multi-disciplinary agile teams.
- Design secure technical solutions (products and services) to meet user needs and align with DWP patterns, principles, and standards, whilst managing risks.
- Provide a consistent set of solution views, that communicate and describe the construction of the solution, and any security and risk implications, to all stakeholders.
- Identify security issues in system architectures, and provide advice and guidance on the risk impact of vulnerabilities in our existing and future designs and systems.
- Lead, deliver and support the technical and security architecture design elements of Citizen Information projects / initiatives.
- Working with engineering teams, and other Digital colleagues, to create VFM solution designs.
- Own the product architecture, develop product roadmaps and represent product designs at governance forums, providing clear communication of architecture design and decision making, in order to gain approval to proceed with designs.
- Lead discussions with senior stakeholders to create solution options and recommendations – during project discovery and inception phases.
- Provide expert advice to other Solution Architects to drive technology choice decisions.
- Ensure that architecture design artefacts are produced to agreed quality and timescales, and are presented effectively at governance forums.
- To contribute to, and build capability in, the DWP Architecture community.
- Identify new technologies and work with DWP Digital Design Authority and broader security community to look at opportunities to exploit them in business areas.
- Support delivery teams, blending technical (AWS cloud development and architecture), security, and behaviour (leadership and communication) skills.
- Architecture design and modelling techniques, patterns, tools and standards.
- Public cloud technologies, cloud hosting, container, and networking design patterns, tools and best practice (especially Amazon Web Services).
- Security threat trends, analysis and protection technologies, tools and best practice (e.g. software exploits, SQL injection, cross-site scripting, remote file inclusion, stolen credentials, ‘watering hole’ attacks, DDOS, Malware, Phishing, Ransomware).
- Secure communication and encryption / cryptographic technologies, tools and best practice (e.g. IPSec, Kerberos, TLS / SSL).
- Identification, authentication and Single Sign-On(SSO) technologies, tools and best practice (e.g. OpenID, Oauth 2.0, OIDC, XACML, OATH reference architecture, Kerberos, SAML, WS-Security, RACF).
- Cybersecurity technologies, tools and best practice.
Company: Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, GB
Application Deadline: N/A