View All Costco JobsCostco
Wraps and labels meat products using wrapping machine. Stocks display cases tray meat and primal, operates meat grinder. Cleans and sanitizes the meat department. Dismantles equipment to sanitize. Re-stocks supplies. Assists with stocking cases and follows department procedures for quality and consistency of finished merchandise. Collects laundry and delivers to the laundry service pick-up area .Follows proper safety procedures and standards.
- Inspects and reassembles equipment sanitized previous night. Reworks display case and rotates product.
- Takes large trays of styro packaged meat from large wheeled racks and places individual packages into automatic wrapping machine. Follows safety and security procedures.
- Sets labeler according to product type and price, prints and applies labels to product.
- Puts wrapped and labeled meat on large trays of large wheeled cart and stocks in display case by reaching through sliding windows or moving rack to floor.
- Performs routine maintenance for machinery, equipment, and implements.
- Provides and ensures prompt and courteous member service.
- Cleans and sanitizes the meat room, meat cooler and supply area. Washes, applies cleaning agents, wipes, and mops all surfaces. Pressure washes the entire room. Empties drain screen.
- Dismantles equipment. Washes, rinses, and sanitizes removable parts. Wipes down stationary parts with cleaning agent and sprays with pressure washer.
- Washes small containers and utensils. Re-stocks meat room supplies and boxes of meat.
- Collects cardboard and trash; operates trash compactor and cardboard baler. Takes laundry to laundry service pick-up area.
- Operates meat grinder. Dumps meat into top of machine and checks fat content of each batch from the grinder. Follows proper department production procedures and standards for quality and consistency of finished product.
- Cleans and sanitizes area throughout the day. Performs duties to comply with health code, such as sanitation standards and maintaining proper temperatures.
- Logs sanitation procedures performed on daily report. Complies with health code. Follows safety and security procedures and reads labels for proper use and precautions of cleaning products.
- sound decisions that reflect Costco’s Code of Ethics.
- Self-Motivated – Well-organized and able to prioritize, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines while working efficiently and independently
- Knowledge/Skills: None.
- Licenses/Certifications: Food Handling/Butcher certification as required by local government. Costco Food Safety Certification required within 3 month
- Experience: None
- Communication – Articulates information in a way that can be easily understood by employees, members and vendors. Actively listens
to fellow employees, members and managers.
- the business goal. Willingness to perform tasks assigned by supervisors and to assist others as needed.
- Education/Training: None.
- Member Service – Exhibits a professional demeanor toward others. Unselfishly serves others and assists members, employees and
- Vendors in a prompt and effective manner while following company procedures. Ability to identify problems, finds solutions, and make
- with minimal supervision. Accepts responsibility for his/her choices and decisions.
- Team Player – Cooperates well with a variety of personalities and individuals and participates in a professional manner to accomplish
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle, AU
Application Deadline: N/A