We’re looking for talented and creative communications experts to join our teams in cities across Canada.
By administering tax and benefit programs, and ensuring compliance on behalf of governments across Canada, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) contributes directly to the ongoing economic and social well-being of Canadians.
Working for the CRA gives you the chance to positively impact the lives of Canadians as we deliver historic economic measures and maintain vital government programs.
- Write products to brief senior management;
- For positions outside the National Capital region, manage relationships with local and regional media, respond to media enquiries, and serve as the official spokesperson on behalf of the Agency. In addition, provide support in issues management and event organization.
- Prepare communications strategies, marketing plans, and operational plans on complex, many of them high-profile, issues involving multi-branch and multi-departmental players;
- Provide strategic communications advice to senior managers (Directors, Directors General, Assistant Commissioners, and the Commissioner) and program partners on recommended courses of action and on the development and implementation of communications strategies and plans, including internal communications;
- Write communications products and manage the development, design, composition, production and publication of communications products;
- Plan for and coordinate the delivery of services to support the development of communications projects (i.e. strategic communications, issues management, linguistic services, publishing, media monitoring, research and evaluation);
- Have a degree from a recognized postsecondary institution;
- OR at the staffing board’s discretion, an acceptable combination of education, training, and/or experience may serve as an alternative to a degree from a recognized postsecondary institution.
- You must upload your education credentials in the education section of your candidate profile and submit all required documents by the closing date and time of this poster. Failure to do so can result in your application not being considered further.
- Experience* in managing client/partner relationships to a successful outcome; AND
- Experience* in leading projects with the support of junior team members; AND
- Experience* in providing strategic communications advice on complex issues to senior management (Directors, Directors
- General, Assistant Commissioners, and the Commissioner), including on issues pertaining to internal communications; AND
- Experience* in writing a variety of communications products, including at least five of the following:
- Communications plans, marketing plans, or strategic engagement plans
- News releases
- Media lines or responses to media
- Backgrounders or factsheet (additional information provided to media)
- Issue sheets (i.e. briefing documents) for management
- Frequently asked questions
- Talking points or speeches for executives or spokespeople
- Messages for large audiences (generally larger than 50 people)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, CA
Application Deadline: N/A