The Canada Revenue Agency’s (CRA) Criminal Investigations Division (CID) is currently recruiting professional Investigators to join its dynamic team in Vancouver.
This exciting opportunity in a law enforcement environment will appeal to investigative professionals who like to be challenged, are adept at solving complex forensic and other problems, manage ambiguity and shifting priorities while meeting tight deadlines. We are seeking Investigators of high integrity and professionalism who work effectively with colleagues, partners and stakeholders in challenging tax evaders and non-compliance.
The CRA Criminal Investigations Program is committed to enforcing the Acts administered by the Canada Revenue Agency be detecting and deterring tax evasion. Working with Canadian and international partners, CRA Criminal Investigations strives to be a leader in criminal tax investigations in Canada. Our workplace offers professional challenges with extensive learning support and work-life balance. Come and be a part of our exciting and dynamic team.
- Conducts forensic investigations of complex cases of tax evasion and fraud against the Crown in relation to statutes administered by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), including cases where taxpayers are involved with criminal organizations as defined in the Criminal Code, or have participated in illegal activities or organized crime.
- Conducts investigations into financial schemes of taxpayers suspected of tax evasion in complex cases of domestic and international tax fraud schemes, with a forensic approach, employing current and/or innovative investigative techniques and tools.
- Establishes the theory of proof, conducts interviews, evaluates witnesses, procures, preserves and weighs all evidence and defences to determine whether a criminal prosecution recommendation is warranted and prepares a prosecution report including recommendations to the Public Prosecution Service of Canada (PPSC).
- Assists the PPSC lawyers in fulfilling the legal requirement to disclose all relevant information, documents and materials to the taxpayer and their counsel, in the preparation of evidence and witnesses for trial where fraudulent actions or financial benefits associated with tax evasion have been discovered and documented, acts as the primary witness in court regarding the conduct of the investigation and with the enforcement of court ordered sentences including fines.
Candidates are responsible to ensure that clear and legible electronic copies of their education credentials are uploaded as attachments into the education factor(s) that they are to complete in the education section of their candidate profile. Failure to do so by the close of this notice of job opportunity may result in your application not being given further consideration.
- forensic accounting and investigations;
- internal auditing;
- conducting corporate or government regulatory compliance investigations; or
- auditing or preparing Corporate financial statements, accounting records, income tax returns or GST/HST Returns pertaining to Medium to Large corporations*.
- conducting criminal investigations;
- conducting internal investigations of employee or client fraud;
- To be eligible, you’ll need to meet the following Education and Experience requirements.
- Meet the CRA’s Minimum education standard for AU positions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, CA
Application Deadline: N/A