As a DevOps Engineer, improving our AWS cloud deployment platform, “automating all the things”. Continuously refine our AWS deployment practices for improved reliability, repeatability and security. Create plans, collaborate with other DevOps team members, and coordinate with development teams. These high-visibility initiatives will help to increase service levels, lower costs, and deliver features more quickly.Write code and scripts to automate Lambda on AWS services and to configure Lambda services, using tools and languages including Pandas, Python and Git.
- Clearly document and diagram deployment-specific aspects of architectures and environments, working closely with Software Engineers, Software Engineers in Test, and others in DevOps.
- Troubleshoot issues in production and other environments, applying debugging and problem-solving techniques (e.g., log analysis, non-invasive tests) , working closely with Development, QE teams.
- Suggest deployment patterns & practices improvements based on learnings from past deployments and production issues, collaborate with DevOps team to implement these.
- Design effective monitoring / alerting (for conditions such as application-errors, high memory usage) and log aggregation approaches (to quickly access logs for troubleshooting, or generate reports for trend analysis) to proactively notify business stakeholders of issues and communicate metrics, working closely with these stakeholders, using tools including AWS CloudWatch, Sumologic, New Relic.
- Configure build pipelines to support automated testing and deployments using tools including Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy. You’ll configure these pipelines for specific products and help optimize them for performance and scalability.
- Help refine DevSecOps security practices (including regular security patching, minimum-permissions accounts and policies, encrypt-everything) in compliance with government and other standards regulations (such as PCI-DSS), implement, and verify them, using tools including Tenable, VeraCode to analyze and verify compliance.
- Promote a DevOps culture, including building relationships with other technical and business teams.
- A strong understanding of Linux administration including Bash scripting
- Networking expertise including VPCs, SDNs (e.g., Amazon / Azure) / VLANs, routers and firewalls
- Familiarity with at least one code build / deploy tool such as Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild / CodeDeploy
- AWS administration experience / training including provisioning EC2 instances, VPCs, Lambda functions, RDS databases, S3 storage, IAM security, ECS containers, Cloudwatch metrics & logs
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience developing and / or deploying serverless functions using AWS Lambda Functions
- Experience with SQL, using RDS-PostgreSQL or other DBMS
Company: Wipro Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US
Application Deadline: N/A