From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information, and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won’t find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you’re looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As an accounting technician, you will be a member of our Enterprise team. Our Enterprise practice provides specialized accounting and review services (review engagements, notice to reader (compilation), personal and corporate taxes) to small businesses and individuals.
Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our professionals, these enable you to deliver quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders as an accounting technician.
- Perform Notice to Reader and Review engagements
- Bookkeeping and accounting
- Financial statement preparation
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a public accounting practice handling similar duties
- Prior experience working with accounting software (Quickbooks, Sage, Simply Accounting and others)
- T4’s, T5’s, Trust and T5013 and partnership returns an asset
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
- Experience working with Caseware/Caseview and Taxprep including NTR’s and reviews (must have this experience to be considered)
- Strong accounting and tax skills, general ledger, cash receipts, cash disbursements, investment company accounting with knowledge of HST and GST administration
- Strong personal and corporate tax knowledge
- Preparation of corporate and personal tax returns
- HST and GST Return preparation an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with clients, team members and external parties
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A